Thursday, December 6, 2012

POEM: HOLIDAY WISHES 2003

This was a Holiday greeting and a spell for the year ahead, if the recipient desired it to be so.


HOLIDAY WISHES

Tis the season --again and time to be merry!
And to give more gifts than one can carry;
So many things that I should be buying,
I'll work double all year, or die trying!

I do love beads that are shaped just like holly;
And baubles and bangles are fun and jolly;
But I'd rather the time to compose these puns,
Than work long hours to earn big dollar sums.

However, it does make me a bit blue
That I have no fine gifts to give to you;
More than just holiday words that are said
I offer you these happy wishes instead:

The laughter of children far and near;
A lover whispering songs in your ear;
Spring flowers blooming a fragrant perfume;
Scent of freshly baked pie, filling a room.

A warm, loving hug when you feel beat;
Soft, summer grasses beneath your feet;
A surprise morning kiss-- minty and sweet;
Autumn ripe apples, such crispy, ripe treats!

A welcoming smile from an old friend;
Bright winter sunsets at dark days end;
And because I'm a writer and have the need,
I hope you'll enjoy at least one good read.

It's true that these presents don't cost a cent
But I think you will find them Heaven sent!
All the most precious and best things are free,
I just wish I could leave them under your tree!

Copyright 2003




2 comments: