Wednesday, January 13, 2016

RAIN BOWIES, LAZARUS AND RESURRECTION

I see meme's that a heavy metal is going to be named after Lemmy of Motorhead.  Someone posted a meme saying that Bowie should have an exotic reef fish named after him because of his colourful personas over the years.

On Sunday a giant rainbow appeared over New York City.  A "rain-Bowie" a woman on facebook called it.  (This link shows all the photos of the rainBowie.)  The link describes how "Starman" was partly inspired by "Over the Rainbow".





I don't normally associate Bowie with a lot of Christian symbolism, but looking at the "Lazarus" video I was struck that his last album's first single was named for a resurrection, the album was released on a Friday, Bowie's birthday, and he died on Sunday.

Bowie's resurrection was to return to the womb of all creativity.  "Look up, I'm in Heaven."  And here was the corpus of Iris to show the path to the next realm.  Bowie is painting on a larger canvas now, for all to see.  We only have to look to the sky, to the astral, to Heaven.  Now there truly is a Starman waiting in the sky.

EDIT: 15 January 2016: A great article about Bowie's occult symbolism... A must read for Magickal Folk, CM's, Kabbalists, and Bowie Fans...

I believe in celebrating one's birthday- even if just singing to yourself a "Happy Birthday" song- because the door you come in to this life is the same door you exit out of life.  And it seemed appropriate to me because I do see Bowie as a God.  He was definitely a World Walker.  And a Shaman.

I might form a church called "RainBowie" or something.


EDIT/PS: I see Bowie faces in the cloud shapes.  I guess I will be like one of those Elivs fans that is always seeing faces in pancakes and stuff.  Maybe when an artist means that much to someone you see them everywhere after they are gone.

1 comment: