Thursday, October 13, 2022

MOONSHADOWS AND MYSTIC WINDS

About the title, and the song Moonshadows, I still love Cat Stevens' music.  He was a different person then.  I still listen to his old music, but there is a twinge/cringe now.  Apropos, I guess, to the song's meaning. I know he is really seen as offensive to many people, but his is some of the first music I ever heard.  (Cat Stevens, Buffy Ste. Marie, Joan Baez, Mahalia Jackson, and Handel's Messiah.)

So my last post, like so many of my posts, I realize later are me just saying the same thing.  The communications between a person (magickal or otherwise) and the moon are revelatory, epiphanies, and always seem otherworldly. But maybe the Moon is always saying the same thing?  She has a pretty good view of us.  And as an immortal intelligence, whether you consider her a goddess or not, what might seem repetitious to me is not even a noticeable measurement of time. 

Of course, I only pick the part that is on my wavelength spiritually.  Other people will receive other visions or reveries. 

https://www.instagram.com/fonklor/

But I do think that all of Nature mourns for how humans are gobbling up their habitat.  The Soylent Green future of steaming piles of garbage and no animals looms. (There I go again.)

The Mystic Winds feel cold this year. It will be an interesting Samhain, I think, and a lot of visitors that stay through to Spring.  I feel like it might be a hard winter for many, in terms of honesty. 

We had a Global Pandemic.  (A lot of people refused to acknowledge it, true, but it occurred nonetheless, and it affected everyone in some way.) Now we need to have a Global Healing. Humans have morphic fields just like animals.  Even if we can't change everything right away, changing how we think matters.  


We are enjoying beautiful weather.  That is a such a blessing in St. Louis.  I think we are looking at a lot of color, too.  It started this week and if it progresses it will be fantastic.  Last year we didn't get any of that bright orangey russet on the oaks.  The oaks didn't get much color at all.  (As a witch I usually worry that is because the old Druid/Dryad spirits aren't visiting.  But there are many realities, and in the empirical one it had something to do with the weather conditions.)

There have been some planetary shifts going on, and more to come.  My feeling right is now is, pare down and prepare for a possibly lean survival.  I think a lot of times, the preparation for something claims the energy of the thing itself, and banishes it from happening.  (Sometimes.  And maybe if done with that intention. Either way, at least you are prepared.)

I also feel like I need to make more time to listen.  Like another of Cat Stevens' songs "I listen to the wind of my soul..." See what blows away; see what I don't really need anymore.

xxoo peeps 









No comments:

Post a Comment