Wednesday, October 19, 2022

SPIRIT WINDS OF SAMHAIN SEASON

 In STL we have had a drop in temperature and heavy winds.  Like most magickal folk I live in more than one reality, and I know that in the mortal, shared, empirical world, it is explainable by weather and climate.

But as a witch I recognize the large spirit host that has arrived for the Samhain Season.  I used to delight in this, but as I get older and the empirical reality of this earthly life holds more power over me- the aging of my physical body, the loss of loved ones- plus the fact that I really wish I was back in Cali for the winter, and I am not at all happy about having the heat on so soon, well, let's just say it is not as delightful anymore.

In 2014 an important teacher and friend of mine passed mid-month (he asks that I never say his name- I have a nickname for him that I use), and 5 years ago my best friend, a person I love so much and miss every single day, passed on the 27th.  A sad month indeed.

And what is so disturbing this year is the presence of a "newbie".  Someone who died within the last year or two, or longer, but is just getting their "afterlife" feet under them.

(My teacher friend, whose death I blocked out, as I did Sean's, showed up around a year after his death and scared the shite out of me until he nudged me on to the computer to his page... similar thing happened with Sean.  My power to block out unhappy things I don't want to face are legendary, but thanks to social media and the internet generally, I can't block them out for as long.)

But this year I keep thinking there is a third anniversary, and I cannot figure out who it is.  Someone whose death I was not alerted to? It feels like someone close because I initially thought it was Gentleman John.

(A well-known local here, a good Catholic who went to Heaven and has no truck with Samhain and such, and who died in February, but so sure was I that it was he, I marked him on the calendar as having passed on October 14th. Now that the spirit is not so present- too many others have joined, having come in on the winds- I was looking at my calendar just now and thought "what? he didn't die in October, nor on the 14th!")

This is all par for course being a Medium and a psychic, but it is still confusing and worrisome.  And the Mystic Winds didn't just bring the visitors, the early Samhain arrivals, the winds brought some big change that is looming. 

I hope it is blue tsunami.  About the only thing the Dems have is pro-choice and Roe, and even though they are in some ways worse than the GOP, we need a big voter turnout.  What is happening in Missouri and across the country is nothing short evil.  It is the oppression of women and nothing else.  It is not about "babies" and it is not about God.  But so many progressives and liberals refuse to vote at all, much less for Dems.

And, in case you are wondering, no, there is not a spell for Democracy.  If there is, it won't work and will probably have a strong karmic kickback on the caster.

Also, Samhain is not Halloween.  It lasts for three nights, but was often feted for longer in olden days. It has to do with the position of the Pleiades but can be approximated to the sun at 15 degrees of Scorpio and if you do just one night I'd do November 8th this year.  Or if you want to do it on bonfire night in the UK, November 5th, that is probably good too.  Personally I think we should do it for ten days, starting with All Hallows. 

(Sorry I don't have the artist credit for this.  And reverse google search does not find one either.)


No comments:

Post a Comment