Tuesday, November 27, 2012

FULL MOON IN GEMINI 2012

Full moons are a sun-moon opposition.  The sun in Sagitarrius and the moon is full in Gemini, the opposing Zodiac House.

Gemini is the sign of the twins, an air sign, mental, ruled by Mercury.  Gemini moon days are always filled with a lot of back and forth chatter, and not a lot other than talking getting done.  

This is a good day for high ideals and grandiose schemes and utopian visions.  "Shoot for the moon and land on the roof."  The best visions take us beyond our limits.  Let the Lady illuminate you, let the Messenger deliver you and your message.

With this moon comes the dream, the R.E.M. sleep that is most dream potent just before dawn.  What dreams do you have?  How do you feel about the dreams you are pursuing? (Did you know that rapid eye movement sleep lasts only 90 seconds, yet that is when all your dreams take place.  As with wormhole travel in the movie Contact, in dreams you travel the astral, and can live whole lifetimes in what is just 90 seconds here.)

Find a story about your life that empowers you.  When you find it, reach for its fullest potential without consideration or care for how others see you.  The other messenger Goddess is Iris.  She travels by the rainbow.  Consider that you are as colourful as the rainbow, and your detractors, or those that do not share your vision for your life, are not seeing your full spectrum.

Let yourself be happy.  To some people I am so bereft of outer life and possessions and luxury that my inner life is seen as fanciful compensation for outer poverty. Witchcraft is seen as the imaginary power to combat my own powerlessness, probably learned in childhood, to offset my tragic home life.  I am an unhygenic "hippie" that doesn't shower every single day or get enough pedicures.

Then there are other people to whom I am wealthy beyond belief, and live a decadent life.  I am so powerful that I need not even concern myself with this earthly struggle at all.  I live entirely outside of natural rythyms and adorn and groom myself unnecessarily and excessively. 

I was recently reminded too, that among many of my friends, to be called a "dittohead" is an insult.  But I actually I was quoting Rush Limbaugh and his followers, who actually invented and proclaim the title proudly.   They are glad to know that they are among people that think all alike. Diversity and independent thought are not desirable.

Have faith that by speaking your truth and acknowledging your own shadow, your "dark twin", you will be find all that you need to be truly happy.  Let your light shine.

Allow yourself your full spectrum.  Let yourself live the way you need to live, to the fullest of the resources available to you, and without too much focus on what other people think. I have always been willing to abandon beliefs and ways of living if a better way presents itself, so I am always glad for all the authentic choices people make.

Whether I agree with their choices or not, being around strong individuals gives me the power I need to strengthen and nurture myself.  Gemini full moon is good for illuminating the dual nature of things-- the weaknesses inherent in strengths, the strengths in the weaknesses.

Full moons are great for celebrating and get togethers in this earthly realm, or on the astral plane to gather together and share secrets both magickal and mundane.

(The new moon is the moon conjunct with the sun. It is inward.  The moon herself is hidden from us and does not illuminate the darkness.  I have come to find that is the better night for most magick and spells, or at least the most magickal "work".  The full moon is for partying and for flight)

This full moon in Gemini is the best night for a ride on the broomsticks, or dragons, and maybe in warmer regions a nice night for a horse or camel or motorcycle ride in the moonlight.

However, I do think the astral is most highly favoured, and especially this year, what with Mercury having just returned to rule his realm, and the full moon's exact opposition is actually on the day of the week ruled by Mercury (Wednesday--even though most of us will be riding out on Tuesday night). Dragons and broomsticks especially favoured!

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing, take just a moment to look at the Lady, if you can see her, and give thanks for the beauty of this wide and wonderful world in the moonlight!

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment