Saturday, November 19, 2022

LAST YEAR'S ECLIPSE MEMORY (THAT I CANNOT RE SHARE ON FACEBOOK BECAUSE OF GEORGIA O'KEEFFE'S NIPPLES)

This came up in my facebook memories.  I can't re-share it.  

This was was the second blood moon eclipse I had seen, and if you ever get the chance to see one, it is worth it getting up in the middle of the night.  (The one 11 days ago, on the 8th, it was overcast when I got up at 5 AM to see the apex.)

***

  Shared with Your friends

Well the eclipse was beautiful and here is my crappy photo that does not capture it at all. It was almost exactly 3:03, the apex of the eclipse.

 

It looks black and white but the crescent part was a beautiful gold light, and the eclipsed part was sort of a dark rose gold (more orangey than the blood moon) and beautiful and otherworldly.

 

Also, it changed the whole palette of the night sky- including the nearby stars- making their light steady looking, like planets, instead of twinkly.





No comments:

Post a Comment